Dainty Artist | Stephen Mackey!

My favourite modern artists are few, but sometimes one comes along who's work I get lost in and can't seem to take my eyes away from. And that's definitely Stephen Mackey's work for me. It pulls at my heart and emotions and takes me to other worlds of long ago without leaving the present day. The delicate details of it's subject, realistic flower petals, the dainty shapes of the subjects lips and finger tips mixed with a certain melancholic & disturbing jen est ce que! But, what I do know is that I'm completely besotted with them and they make my heart dance. 
Stephen Mackey resides in the UK with his family, pets & is self-taught. Which just goes to show, the talent and vision is either in you or it's not. I love the mysterious nature of all of these works, one could conjure up a thousand meanings to these paintings and I would guarantee it would mean something completely different to the artist. Their so realistic, even the spiders, which is un-settling to me at times, haha! 
But, I adore them & I hope you enjoy them too. You can see more work on his website. I will be away for a few days, hopefully re-doing my blog and getting some pictures taken as well. I hope all of you have a great rest of the week & weekend to come. I'll be in touch on my Instagram though.

Loves & Loves
xoxox

(All images copyrighted to Stephen Mackey. Please contact for more info)

















23 comments

  1. Beautiful paintings:)
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh, such a delightfully decadent art!! Love it!
    thanks for sharing so amazing inspiration!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally see how this is your style. Very nice.

    www.ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing that he's self taught! Definitely a natural talent! His work is absolutely mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, i love it too :)

    lovely Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love it.
    Kiss.

    http://www.dontcallmefashionblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this artist is so talented...these paintings are like magic...portal to other worlds. Thanks for sharing dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these paintings are stunning. I love the mood in them and the fact that the painter is self taught.Thank you for sharing,I'll definitely check more of his work. ��

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post!!! have a good day!!!!👌👌👌💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW, thank you for introduction. I am going to keep my ears and eyes open about him and would love to own a print one day.

    Allie of ALLIENYC
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, I can most definitely see the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I have no words... It's so romantic and dramatic...

    .Estelle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely, romantic and dreamy artwork, wow!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow this post is so inspirng and relaxing

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very interesting post !!! Thank you for your comment on my blog!!! 👌👌👌💚💚💚

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the ethereal, vintage vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great talent. I am blown away by his work.

    http://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great feature, doll. Wonderful artworks. I find that self-taught artist are usually some of my favourites but I am biased. Hope you have a lovely week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your new blog theme! The artwork is so nice. I love how each bit has something a bit odd and creepy about it. Really draws me in.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are beautiful. I couldn't agree more- sometimes you just get lost in someone's artwork, that is how compelling it can be :) xx Maja

    ReplyDelete
  21. These paintings are so impressive! Thank you for sharing this great artist! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my dreams, my thoughts & creations, stay a while & forget the world! Leave me a tale, a vision or two!! Thank you for your words, they leave glitter & stardust on my heart...

Keep in Touch:

| Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin | Tumblr |




Professional Blog Designs by pipdig